The MarCom team (especially this web content manager) is working to improve the accuracy and functionality of our Saint Martin’s University online employee directory.
The directory has many functions, including:
– Resource for students (enrolled and perspective), faculty, staff, and alumni
– Professional/industry recognition and networking
How can you ensure that your directory profile is helping to support the Saint Martin’s community?
1) Accurate information: Email, phone, official university title, office location, office/program associations
2) Picture: If you missed our last employee picture day, we will be having another one on September 20th. If you have a picture that you’d like to use on your profile, send it to the executive assistant of your school or Kyle Wohlenhaus (firstname.lastname@example.org)
3) Professional/academic information: Allows you to showcase publications, research, etc.
4) Personal quotes/stories (faculty): These are fed into school and program pages
1) Check your profile for accuracy (or if you don’t have one, please send a request!)
2) Send any updates to the executive assistant of your school or to Kyle Wohlenhaus (email@example.com)
3) Have your picture taken on September 20th from 11a-2p (at the top of Old Main grand staircase)
We appreciate all of the effort already underway (by the deans, executive assistants, multiple offices on campus, and you) to improve this system!
If you have any questions, please contact Kyle Wohlenhaus, (firstname.lastname@example.org)
July 2017 – As we welcome students to campus for orientations, we have been working hard to update and publish redesigned Undergraduate program pages for each of the schools. In order to provide a clearer picture as to how users are interacting with the program pages, we have redesigned the content to allow our department to collect more data to provide meaningful analytics to serve students better and represent your programs accurately. Below is an example of a page with changes. Note: we have shifted to expandable sections for reasons two-fold; 1) It will allow us to utilize our analytics software (SiteImprove) to see how users are interacting with the content and 2) It is more mobile responsive (less scrolling, more succinct content). We have also linked Mission and Outcomes where that information is available. Here is a sample view:
Our next step in the redesign process will be working with the individual schools to build content for the program pages that better reflects how those programs are unique and provide value at Saint Martin’s. We are aiming to work with the schools to ensure that messaging and content are accurate, correctly portraying and marketing to prospective and current students.
Welcome back to the MarCom blog!
We hope you find this blog to be useful for news, tips, and other items that will help everyone in our community align as best as possible with SMU’s mission.
MarCom has recently welcomed two new members to the team!
Kevin Hyde: Media Relations Manager
As media relations manager, Kevin will work with faculty, staff, alumni, students and external media to identify stories to advance the visibility, goals and mission of Saint Martin’s. Kevin will work closely with Marki Carson on creative collateral projects and Carl Lew on web projects. Kevin will also take lead on our social media strategy and manage university publications, including our bi-annual Insights magazine.
Contact Kevin: email@example.com or (360) 412-6126
Kyle Wohlenhaus: Web Content Manager
Kyle will work with faculty and staff to ensure our web content is up-to-date and effectively advances the goals and mission of Saint Martin’s. As the web has become one of the most important marketing tools to recruit new students, Kyle will work closely with Carl Lew, Kevin Hyde (our new media relations manager), and Admissions on assessing, developing and publishing web stories with prospective students as our primary audience. Kyle will be the go-to person to train web assistants across campus on how to update their web pages via the Drupal-based content management system. He will also oversee and curate content on many of the website’s main pages, including the homepage, primary landing pages and the faculty and staff directory.
Contact Kyle: firstname.lastname@example.org or (360) 486-8860